What Do You NOT Like ? - Toyota TJ Cruiser Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

What Do You NOT Like ?

We have a fair amount of threads on what we like or find interesting about the exterior and interior of the TJ Cruiser but what are the bits and pieces of the TJ that you don't like?

Is there anywhere that you see can be improved? Any areas that you want replaced completely?

I for one don't like the white roof, I know it does look paired well compared to many other two tone vehicles, but I think I'd prefer if the roof was black like the over fenders and quite frankly replace all of the white pieces with the black plastic.

What about you?
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 02:44 PM

Ok this is going to be a big one.... I don't like the fact its design doesn't have enough of the old FJ's in it.
Understood that its not easy bringing classic design cues back again but it was sort of done with the FJ Cruiser... don't see why the TJ has to take on a different direction.

Are you happy with design?

My Current Ride ~ 2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 09:47 AM

I'm actually fine with the design even though it's somewhat removed from the FJ Cruiser. That model has been out of production for a few years and if Toyota finally does decide to produce the TJ a few more year may have passed. Styling changes according to the market unless it's the Jeep Wrangler.

What I don't like is the lack of fog lights and those headlights are tiny.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 09:40 AM

Size doesn't really matter too much when it comes to headlamps so long as the bulbs are bright. Wranglers have been using small sized headlights for years and they seem to work perfectly fine. But footlights, even the FJ didn't have those and depending on where you live they won't be used all that often. The point of those is to shoot a beam under the fog, but when you're sitting at a certain height, they may not work as well.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-30-2017, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backup View Post
Size doesn't really matter too much when it comes to headlamps so long as the bulbs are bright. Wranglers have been using small sized headlights for years and they seem to work perfectly fine. But footlights, even the FJ didn't have those and depending on where you live they won't be used all that often. The point of those is to shoot a beam under the fog, but when you're sitting at a certain height, they may not work as well.
Only issue I'll have with headlights if they are so low profile like the concept that I can't retrofit a set of protectors in them. Hopefully its big enough to allow that. Don't care for any special trim so odds are I will get base lighting.

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 09:26 AM

There's always those headlight protective films you can install and most of the time that's enough to save your headlights from the odd debris scratch. But if you plan on going off-road a lot and may potentially roll over or hit a tree, then I can see where those protectors will come in handy.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backup View Post
There's always those headlight protective films you can install and most of the time that's enough to save your headlights from the odd debris scratch. But if you plan on going off-road a lot and may potentially roll over or hit a tree, then I can see where those protectors will come in handy.
As much as I want think that we'll see people taking the TJ to those extreme's, I highly doubt it, instead we will see this concern coming more from people who just want to preserve the original finish or want to protect from bugs that accumulate on long road trips when going up to camping grounds.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 12:46 AM

TJ Cruisers will mostly see only the odd gravel and dirt trails. Some will be tempted to take theirs of road more than average, but that's a small group and Toyota seems to be trying to hit a larger market.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyoForLife View Post
TJ Cruisers will mostly see only the odd gravel and dirt trails. Some will be tempted to take theirs of road more than average, but that's a small group and Toyota seems to be trying to hit a larger market.
hopefully these have enough ground clearance to jump over curbs since already crossovers like the new Pathfinder can do that. don't want some family of 5 taking on some things that a TJ should, i think by now moot of us can agree that the TJ should be that capable.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 08:57 AM

The original FJ had amazing ground clearance too even though it wasn't made for hard off-roading and you can see the obvious advantage it has over the average SUV side-by-side. Wouldn't make sense to take that away and reduce the TJ to any other SUV.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page