2019 Jeep Wrangler & Scrambler. - Toyota TJ Cruiser Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-27-2017, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
2019 Jeep Wrangler & Scrambler.

Looks like it is official, the 2019 Wrangler and the truck variant ( Scrambler ) will be offered with a turbo diesel.

Got a look at some CAD drawings for the frame and axels, looks like it will have beefed up Dana's front and rear.
The diesel option may cure some of the reliability issues that still plagues the Wrangler.

May be a good option to replace the FJ if Toyota continues to sit on their thumbs in the purpose built 4X4 segment.

What say you all on the subject?

2014 FJ TTUE, Fox 2.5 DSC shocks front and rear, Stainless Steel Extended Brake Lines Front and Rear, Allpro UCA's, Allpro front bumper & 9.5 Warn winch with synthetic cable and factor 55 link, Metal-Tech Red Eye rear bumper, Stock Sliders, Warrior rack, Safari Snorkel and TRD intake, Bushwacker Pocket Style Flares, M-Pac Springtail barrier- rear door, saddle bags and side storage, ICON Shift Knobs. BFG 315/75 KO2's on fuel wheels with 1.25" Spacers.
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 08:55 AM

Always did like the Jeep Wrangler and just how versatile they are, but there still remains the question of reliability. Wouldn't want a vehicle that's at the dealership more than on the road.

But the new Wrangler JL has so many new features and upgrades going for it, like the three new roof options.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 09:03 AM

Speaking of roof, if the TJ Cruiser does comes out, we may get removable roof panels because that seems to be the new thing with Jeep.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 04:36 PM

At one point I was interested in the future Wrangler truck till i seen and heard that it will only come as a full size pick up and nothing like some of the JK8's from years ago. Although I won't mind re-configuring the rear section of an Unlimited if its still the same as JK's.

My Current Ride ~ 2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 01:20 AM

I know Toyota wouldn't want to copy the Wrangler, but wouldn't it be fun if the TJ Cruiser's door could be removed as well?
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 04:42 PM

I don't know if people even want it because all these years no one has said a thing, they care more about all the durability Toyota brings to the table rather than just pure coolness which Jeep can often peddle off. Personally I rather have Toyota be Toyota, so far they're doing that.

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-TJ View Post
I don't know if people even want it because all these years no one has said a thing, they care more about all the durability Toyota brings to the table rather than just pure coolness which Jeep can often peddle off. Personally I rather have Toyota be Toyota, so far they're doing that.
then there comes in the whole legal side to it which if you ask me is not worth it
I drive a lot and would be exposed to a lot of cops from different departments, not all of them will like the no door idea.

plus with the valuables i typically keep in my cars, don't want that to go missing on stop-overs.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-10-2017, 03:06 AM

for that you should check out the local highway traffic act since that will state all you need to know or you can just risk it and wait till a cop stops you, personally i just rather wait for cops to tell me about it. The worst they will probably do is issue a warning to correct the issue within a certain timeframe.

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-12-2017, 09:07 AM

Well I wouldn't want Toyota to compromise their vehicle reliability just for some removable doors since the integrity of their cars is why I like the brand so much. Without that, they'll just be another car manufacturer to me. Just a thought that it'd be fun as I've never sat in a Wrangler without doors before and assume it's similar to driving a convertible.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-15-2017, 09:10 AM

By doing so Toyota would be challenging the Wrangler with the TJ Cruiser and that's a fight they'll lose when it comes to off road capabilities. It's a challenge Toyota shouldn't issue.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page