Toyota TJ Cruiser Photo Thread - Page 3 - Toyota TJ Cruiser Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-04-2017, 04:02 PM

Wouldn't have noticed without you pointing that out. Those are most likely concept tires just for looks and production models should get the more generic ones like michelin.

Now I'm curious about the tires' performance, but we'll never know.
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 09:42 AM

If they going to replace it for a production model, I won't be worried about it. Toyota has always had nice and reliable tires in their lineup, so nothing to be worried about in terms of tires choice.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 07:56 AM

If the TJ we might see is anything as utilitarian as the FT-4X concept then I will want either Dunlop Grandtrek's or something similar from a rival brand. They have proven to be good tires on the 4Runner and should prove to be just as good on the TJ.

My Current Ride ~ 2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 08:58 AM

Here it is at the Tokyo Auto Show and I gotta admit, it does look too chunky in the front compared to a lot of the other concepts also on display there. I do understand the whole rugged look, but it could be streamlined and aerodynamic as well.

post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backup View Post
Here it is at the Tokyo Auto Show and I gotta admit, it does look too chunky in the front compared to a lot of the other concepts also on display there. I do understand the whole rugged look, but it could be streamlined and aerodynamic as well.
But if it lost it's rugged look and was streamlined, it would just be small mini-van. It is not meant to be a sedan or sports car either.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 08:43 AM

The shape isn't what irks me the most, it's that large uniform grille and huge plastic bumper under it. Perhaps break it up with a protective bar or something and it'll be perfect. Something like the FJ cruiser's black jutting bumper piece.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page