Toyota TJ Cruiser Forum banner

Geneva Auto Show March 8-18

6K views 26 replies 4 participants last post by  ToyoForLife 
#1 ·
Not much happening on the Geneva Show site yet. I am hoping the TJ Cruiser will show up there which will give me hope that it will be at least sold in Japan and Europe. Then after that it can hopefully come to the US too.

If the FT-4X is what we get, I hope it gets the TJ's front seat fold down to carry long loads.

https://www.gims.swiss/en/

#2 ·
Even if the Cruiser or FT-4X doesn't show up at the Geneva Show, I'm hoping the journalists there are willing to question the reps there about the future of these concepts.
I really do like the fold down seats that lay perfectly flat, that's not something you see in any other vehicle and it's revolutionary.

#3 ·
I know they have ambitions of peddling these as city vehicles and with that comes the need to make it as livable as possible. A versatile seat setup will be part of that. After all that is going to be the bread and butter of the product. Only so many will actually use it for off-roading purposes.

#4 ·
I don't think this concept is supposed to have the same offroad potential as the FT-AC, from what I remember. That will largely depend upon the trim options as we could see a similar "Adventure" trim for this concept. I think the FT-4X showcases just how creative the minds at Toyota can be, as this utility vehicle brings a lot of new tech/functionality to this segment.

#5 ·
As frequently referenced I guess all we have to do is refer to the Jeep Renegade because it too has trims sort of like what you find on higher up Toyota models, which of course should find its way here. Although a Renegade Trailhawk is far more subtle than what a TRD Pro TJ would be.

#7 ·
If we can get features like Hill Start Assist and Hill Decent Control I will be very impressed even if it takes buying the highest trim TJ. What it could do for sales of lower trim TJ's is a big deal. During a time of some major culture shift (or back to what they use to be about) it should be natural to see things like this come to market.

#9 ·
Not exactly, its more for the "next-gen" experience of off-road and the techy edge it brings rather than at what intensity of off roading it would be needed. If that was the case then Lexus LX's wouldn't have it when most owners rarely if ever go off road.

#11 ·
I thought I remember reading that Toyota was supposed to "go big" at the next auto show? So by go big they meant show off some TRD variants of models that already exist? And newer pickups like the Ford Ranger/Raptor have some pretty incredibly off road technology, that controls everything aside from steering, allowing the driver to focus on navigation/orientation.

#14 ·
I'd love to see some of their concepts out in the elements. There is only so much to be gained by viewing a new car, parked and in the spotlight. I think its more than likely that we will see such photos of the new Rav4 before the TJ, but who knows. And I found the articles around Toyota "going big" and it was in reference to the Chicago Auto show.

#18 ·
Well its good to see that there seem to be a lot of similarities between what we saw in concept with the FT-AC and what we're seeing in a production model. I hope this bodes true for the FJ as well, at least in terms of its exterior styling. I know there is zero chance that we will see most of the interior styling cues that were in its concept, as it was a far too modular set up.

#21 ·
Lexus seems to be one of the few companies that actually brings productions vehicles to market, that keep some of the original design cues from their concepts. Great to see that the UX is still unique looking, although the hybrid powertrain is a little concerning. Not sure that >200hp will properly power that vehicle.

#22 ·
Toyota has been on an impressive roll as well. The CH-R, new Camry and new Avalon are a few of them. The Avalon impressed me most...from the rear. Its products like this that aren't too far off from the "TJ" (except Avalon) that give me hope Toyota will deliver, they haven't been known to deviate much.

#23 ·
Yeah I really like the new Avalon as well, Toyota has really stepped up their sedan game. I thought I remember reading that the new Avalon had sequential lights? I cant seem to find any photos/videos of how they work. The CH-R is rumored to be getting a TRD variant in Japan. Hope we see that badge on more vehicles across their line up.

#24 ·
Thankfully they are bringing back the whole light bar design feature that we got years ago with a number of car makers.
Now the Lexus UX and Avalon have it which has me wondering how well a similar idea can work on a Jeep Renegade rival ;)

#25 ·
Yeah the Eclipse Cross has one too, though it seems its not to everyone's liking. I personally really like how it looks at night, and if done correctly it shouldn't be too pronounced during the daytime. These are the sequential lights that I was talking about. I'd like to see more vehicles feature them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.