Toyota TJ Cruiser Forum banner

New York Auto Show

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  marthawilliam 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Are we sure this just isn't the result of someone mistyping FT-AC aha? Fingers crossed that we finally get some news about the TJ. I'm assuming that the picture on that website is from a previous show? I'm hoping that if we do see it, some serious changes have been made, making it closer to a production vehicle.

#3 ·
Toyota is either hinting really hard that the concept is going into production, or they're trying to drum up as much interest as possible to see if the new model is viable. But if it's the latter reason, I'd assume the presentation time slot could have been used for something else. Really hard to know when we've been waiting for so long without a solid answer from them. :crying:

#5 ·
A real name and a real production model would be great, but I think that's being optimistic. Although its unlikely that it'll retain a nameplate like the FJ, 2014's still retain 98% of their MSRP new...so it could be worthwhile for Toyota to fill that void as there's an obvious need for it.

#6 ·
Too bad that so many decades have gone by that "FJ" followed by a couple numbers is out of the picture, but I still think it can work in todays market especially when that naming structure is rich in history. Overseas they sell a FJ70... so it lives on to some extent.

#7 ·
Yeah the Land Cruiser looks awesome all off road configured. Probably the closest Toyota has come to making a Jeep rival, but it doesn't look like they any plans to introduce it here. Luckily it looks like Toyota is expanding the off road capabilities of their vehicles across several of their models.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.