Detroit Auto Show - Toyota TJ Cruiser Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Detroit Auto Show

I am happy to hear the TJ Cruiser will make an appearance at the Detroit Auto Show. This gives me hope we will see it produced eventually. This marks it's second appearance at a major US Auto Show. https://pressroom.toyota.com/release...+auto+show.htm

Last edited by bicepeak; 01-10-2019 at 02:11 PM.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 03:27 PM

The window on this is closing quickly, though I have come across a few different publications that also say the TJ Cruiser is set to make an appearance. Toyota's big focus has unsurprisingly been the new Supra.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathmaker View Post
The window on this is closing quickly, though I have come across a few different publications that also say the TJ Cruiser is set to make an appearance. Toyota's big focus has unsurprisingly been the new Supra.
I don't think it is a matter of a window closing. More like a widow opening sometime in the future,

A not too encouraging article about a TJ Cruiser anytime soon. But at least they are saying something will be coming eventually from these concepts.

https://carbuzz.com/news/toyota-tell...r-anytime-soon
Something that really bugs me about the Hollis statement is that he speaks of the FT-AC as if it is another new model and not essentially the new RAV4 that has just been introduced ,with slightly different show car trim.

"Do I see it in our future? Yes. Do I see it in our near future? No." explained Hollis. "FT-4X, FT-AC, and TJ Cruiser, those are three different takes on an SUV. It would be silly of us to create these concepts, listen to consumers, and then not deliver something. So the answer is, not in the short term."
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 01:59 PM

Better late than never. We knew that the first concept of this model were merely meant to gauge consumer feedback and interest. There were a lot of design ideas that were still early prototype stage.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ'S-TJ View Post
Better late than never. We knew that the first concept of this model were merely meant to gauge consumer feedback and interest. There were a lot of design ideas that were still early prototype stage.
Yep. I can wait for it because I have a good vehicle now. It just would be nice to hear for sure it's in the works
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 02:04 PM

Toyota has done well (IMO) at upholding their legacy and image of various products. The last FJ was a win to me and resale values sure agree with that.

My Current Ride ~ 2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page