April fools? - Toyota TJ Cruiser Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By bicepeak
  • 1 Post By Pathmaker

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

April fools?

This announcement sounds really tongue in cheek, but if this design was extended to four doors as a mini-crossover I would be interested. It is 167.2 inches long, so not really that short. And it is not a serious off-roader which is not what I want anyway, but it does have a desirable 7.6 inch ground clearance.

So please Toyota, tell us this is serious and then make a crossover out of it.

https://toyotanews.pressroom.toyota....?view_id=44626
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2020_Yaris_Adventure_B1EA578D55856C7C0012804962918B8D93FA841A.jpg (88.0 KB, 3 views)
Pathmaker likes this.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Here are some of the best lines from the April Fools press release......

"This suspension, paired with a 7.6-inch ground clearance, is perfect for taking a curb in a mall parking lot or clearing the shrubs when parking in a friend’s front yard."

"The Yaris Adventure leads its segment in everything.*"
( the fact that there is no segment in the marketplace helps )

"....the aggressive front bumper complete with tow hooks, perfect for getting pulled out of a situation the vehicle shouldn’t have been in to begin with."

"The 52.3-inch bed has a payload of 297 lbs., perfect for hauling coolers to the lake or that third set of golf clubs that just won’t fit in a car trunk (not sure why you’d have three sets of golf clubs though, as the Yaris Adventure only seats two)."

"The extra cab with rear seating was ditched because it was determined that no one really wants to sit back there anyway."

Who says corporations don't have a sense of humor.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 03:14 PM

Even though this is a joke, part of me thinks that a sleek supermini like this would actually get a decent amount of interest, especially under the Toyota badge. Ever since cars like the Subaru Brat disappeared I always wondered who would be the first to reintroduce something similar.
bicepeak likes this.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathmaker View Post
Even though this is a joke, part of me thinks that a sleek supermini like this would actually get a decent amount of interest, especially under the Toyota badge. Ever since cars like the Subaru Brat disappeared I always wondered who would be the first to reintroduce something similar.
True.....but even better as a small crossover.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 04:06 PM

Call me a hater but I'm glad it was a joke and would never like to see this thing ever step foot into the real world. Of all Toyota models to base it off of, this was a poor choice. Might be time for Toyota to learn from Hyundai.

What about Hyundai you ask?

My Current Ride ~ 2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page