Alternatives - Toyota TJ Cruiser Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By NY-TJ
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
bicepeak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 434
Alternatives

Since Toyota may never release something like the TJ Cruiser, I am looking at affordable alternatives. I am not interested in an off roader so a small crossover will work for me.

Here is the Hyundai Venue. It looks like it will have a squared off rear roof so cargo should be decent despite being smaller than the Kona.




https://www.carspiritpk.com/2019/04/...head-of-debut/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hyundai-venue-rear-fascia-leaked-image-a79a-696x478.jpg (65.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg hyundai-venue-front-fascia-leaked-image-f4a5-696x478.jpg (81.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg hyundai-venue-interior-leaked-image-2005.jpg (43.1 KB, 0 views)
bicepeak is offline  
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
bicepeak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 434
Another interesting alternative for me...

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/2...os-specs-info/

Things I don't know yet but will be a factor for me....

What is the seats folded down cargo volume?

Will the back seat have good leg room?

Will the price be reasonable or will this be focusing on upscale luxury?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $ (1).jpg (34.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg $.jpg (88.1 KB, 1 views)
bicepeak is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 03:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 342
Not a fan of Korean products but i'm willing to give this a shot.

Ford on the other hand has been on my radar. The 2020 Ford Escape if offered with some off-road trim might be what I go for.

Its not yet clear which direction Ford will go, some are saying sporty only


My Current Ride ~ 2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5
NY-TJ is offline  
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 11:25 AM
Administrator
 
TeeJayAdmin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10
New Bronco!

https://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...ompetitor.html

Jeff M

Thank You For Being A Part Of Our Toyota TJ Cruiser Forum!
TeeJayAdmin is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 02:48 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
bicepeak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJayAdmin View Post
Here are some leaked photos of the Bronco...

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20...icle-revealed/
bicepeak is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 02:50 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
bicepeak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-TJ View Post
Not a fan of Korean products but i'm willing to give this a shot.

Ford on the other hand has been on my radar. The 2020 Ford Escape if offered with some off-road trim might be what I go for.

Its not yet clear which direction Ford will go, some are saying sporty only

Hey NY-TJ, how do post full size pictures like that on here?
bicepeak is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
bicepeak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicepeak View Post
Since Toyota may never release something like the TJ Cruiser, I am looking at affordable alternatives. I am not interested in an off roader so a small crossover will work for me.

Here is the Hyundai Venue. It looks like it will have a squared off rear roof so cargo should be decent despite being smaller than the Kona.




https://www.carspiritpk.com/2019/04/...head-of-debut/
Reminds me a lot of my xB. Just wonder if it will be as reliable. This something I would like to see Toyota make.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYUNDAI-Venue-6561_7.jpg (173.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg HYUNDAI-Venue-6561_6.jpg (162.9 KB, 1 views)
bicepeak is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 06:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicepeak View Post
Hey NY-TJ, how do post full size pictures like that on here?
You have to right click over the uploaded image URL or thumbnail and select the "open image" option.
From there you grab that .jpg link and paste it in this code [img]imagelinkgoeshere[/img]
bicepeak likes this.

My Current Ride ~ 2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5
NY-TJ is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 01:03 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
bicepeak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 434
bicepeak is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome