Toyota TJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
348 Posts
I bet if someone was to find a picture of the concept next to a common enough car then we can get some perspective on size, but I often like to compare it to what its going to be up against, the Renegade being one of them and probably the only one.

· Registered
348 Posts
To me thats just a bunch of noise because with products like the reneagade already doing well enough on the market what more proof do we need that Toyota will come out with one especially when most of their concepts have serious intentions behind them. Rarely have concepts like the TJ come out from Toyota/Lexus with no production model to follow.

· Registered
348 Posts
They do talk in circles. I think Toyota above all needs something first in the Renegade class....around $20,000. They are way behind in getting one out. I just don't see a real push or hurry for a body on frame off roader. Maybe some day, but first things first.
Very true and it fits their motto which has been based around high volume products. Even as nice as the Renegade is I still see people skeptical about it. Doesn't help that it seems like a random move for Jeep (to me at least). But then again it comes at a time where Jeep is getting a lot of R&D time from FCA

· Registered
348 Posts
I would never consider a Renegade because of poor reliability, but I would love something like it in a Toyota!
You have a point and its probably why we're all here anyways otherwise we would be behind Renegades and not talking about this TJ.
Too bad that Nissan and other Japanese car makers haven't been launching similar models like they used to decades ago.

· Registered
348 Posts
At worst I hope FT-AC was just some design philosophy we finally got to see. Sharing that design slightly with the new Rav4, a next generation 4runner and then in full with a FJ and TJ is really the way to go.

· Registered
348 Posts
Some publication out there needs to get a Toyota exec in for an interview, I have noticed with those we can get some slight hint at what's to come or at least what they're willing to bring to market vs some alternative.

· Registered
348 Posts
Hollis has been doing interviews. He has to have known that the FT-AC was actually the new RAV4 and didn't reveal that. He just hinted that it might be produced as some sort of new model. So I don't expect any new interview to reveal more unless it fits their time table for releasing new models and info. All car companies play this game.

I guess they know what they are doing, but I share your frustration for solid news.
As long as they deliver on the off-road features we used to find in Toyota's and somewhat have these days in a product that makes it work best, I will be happy. FJ Cruisers sold well so i'm still putting lots of hope into a successor of it and a spin off of a smaller version. But it is a moment of big change for Toyota, we might have to sit on our hands some more and stay away from the computer :D

· Registered
348 Posts
There's always the hope that Toyota holds their own event or do something aside from the major shows because that has been happening far more frequently these days with car makers regardless where you look

· Registered
348 Posts
Toyota is in a position where they don't have to worry about it. In a world where car makers are creating a lot of world market vehicles, the risk of overlapping isn't so bad after all. Plus I think they want to find more of what works well rather than worrying about offering too much. They also have billions to throw around without issue.

· Registered
348 Posts
I read an article that stated all the reveals took place in one day, the first day, so I knew we wouldn't hear anything earth shattering.

As others have suggested, I don't think announcements will be at shows. Personally, I believe the next thing we will see are spy shots of testing. Announcements will come later.
toyota has always been a car maker to drop teasers and stretch out the timeline of when and how they drop teasers. Fortunately when they commit to a product and deliver, its GOOD. I guess that's what it takes to deliver a great product as a result I won't mind all this pain they put us through!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.