Toyota TJ Cruiser Forum banner

101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
I believe the CH-R is doing quite well in other markets, it just seems to have a slow adoption rate here in the U.S. I think that has more to do with the region specific models than anything related to its utility though. They come far better equipped in the UK for whatever reason.

·
Super Moderator
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Would Renegade sales not be slowing down because it has been out for a while? Initial reception was very warm from the Jeep community. I'd assume something like the TJ cruiser would have seen similar sales trends as well.

If Toyota is basing their decision on the C-HR then there's really no hope. That car has nothing going for it aside from looks and even then it's polarizing depending on the person. On the other hand, the Cruiser has utility in spades and that could help people overlook what negatives it may have.
Renegade sales have dropped slightly, but it continues to be a success story for Jeep....plus it is getting a refresh soon would should help. I think Toyota would not want a car that would sputter in sales after only a couple of years, especially with the sales growth of the RAV4 year to year.

I was very disappointed even before the C-HR came out because a Toyota spokesman said that back seat room and cargo space would not be an important consideration on this car. It seems to have put the kibosh on a truly useful version.

Will Toyota let me down again and not produce the TJ Cruiser? I hope not but their track record is not good.

p.s. Did you now that the C-HR actually has LESS ground clearance than a Corolla? Should not even be in this segment.

·
Super Moderator
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
I believe the CH-R is doing quite well in other markets, it just seems to have a slow adoption rate here in the U.S. I think that has more to do with the region specific models than anything related to its utility though. They come far better equipped in the UK for whatever reason.
This type of high riding small car is very popular in Europe. Utility is very important in the US and the CH-R doesn't have it. You may have a good point in that it may always have been aimed at other markets.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Its a little ridiculous that both the manual and AWD options are limited to the UK, when I feel like those could have made a big difference in its success here. Guess it doesn't matter where they sell, so long as they are selling.

101 - 104 of 104 Posts