Toyota TJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Toyota has another trick up it’s sleeves and it’s called the Future Toyota Adventure Concept (FT-AC), which will debut at the upcoming LA Auto Show. Before the show kicks off, we’re treated to a teaser image of what could be the FJ Cruiser’s successor.

This is a welcome surprise to some who were left disappointed when the Japanese automaker debuted their TJ Cruiser as a vehicle for “drivers with lifestyles where work and play dovetail seamlessly.” Pretty much as the name suggests, it’s more of a toolbox for the weekend warrior. Now enthusiasts have the FT-AC to look forward to and even its name implies an off-road ready vehicle.

Much is still hidden, but what we can see gives off a trail ready feel. Perhaps it’s the chunky plastic fender flares jutting out or the roof mounted auxiliary off-road lights, which matches the LED fog lights. Maybe it’s the healights’ angled looks. Whatever the case may be, the FT-AC could be the FJ Cruiser replacement we’ve been waiting for.

Though don’t hold your breath until the FT-AC is revealed on November 30 because CarScoops thinks it could be either a pickup truck or an SUV. We’re hoping for the latter.

·
Registered
309 Posts
With how close its naming scheme is to the FT-4x, I'm pretty sure the FT-AC is an SUV too, but a more off road ready one. This will be the one if Toyota decides to produce it. The TJ Cruiser is great, but it's no FJ replacement and this new concept could be what fans are looking for.

·
Super Moderator
461 Posts
With how close its naming scheme is to the FT-4x, I'm pretty sure the FT-AC is an SUV too, but a more off road ready one. This will be the one if Toyota decides to produce it. The TJ Cruiser is great, but it's no FJ replacement and this new concept could be what fans are looking for.
Aye, that's the rub. It looks perfect for those wanting an off roader and miss the FJ, but a disappointment for those wanting an Element type vehicle.

I am genuinely happy for the FJ people getting their replacement. Perhaps Toyota will someday fulfill the wishes for a high volume seller just below the RAV4 in size and price for the many more of us that want that. The new FJ is not going to sell near as many units as that.

·
Registered
347 Posts
"FT" doesn't mean much at all, actually all it means is "Future Toyota" which when compared to what FJ and TJ is designated for, is a long shot. Don't take Toyota names too seriously when trying to build correlations between concepts and production versions.

·
Super Moderator
461 Posts
"FT" doesn't mean much at all, actually all it means is "Future Toyota" which when compared to what FJ and TJ is designated for, is a long shot. Don't take Toyota names too seriously when trying to build correlations between concepts and production versions.
Correct....I pointed that out in a past post on this forum that the "FT" is only code for future ideas, not a model name. That was my point about the TJ Cruiser being an actual registered trademark name making it likely to actually be a name plate.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, TJ Cruiser is still on the concept stage so Toyota might change the name for it too. However, I'm 90% sure that if TJ will make it to production, Toyota will stick with the same name for this model.

·
Super Moderator
461 Posts
Well, TJ Cruiser is still on the concept stage so Toyota might change the name for it too. However, I'm 90% sure that if TJ will make it to production, Toyota will stick with the same name for this model.
Agree....the only open question for me is if it will make it to the US or just be sold in Japan.

If either "FX" gets a trademarked name than I will get excited about it's possible introduction.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I am of the belief that we will see 2 models of the TJ, a van and a CUV. However as it stands i will be very disappointed if they just stick to a van, unless that van turns out being just as cool as the FT-4X. IMO I speak for most folks here and on other communities when with that suggestion.

·
Registered
347 Posts
They almost have no choice because its a good spin off of whats already successful (the FJ Cruiser) and it would just be weird to have something with FJ DNA thats smaller but is called something entirely different. The only alternative is to call them all FJ's but give number designations at the the end like 'FJ20' 'FJ30' 'FJ40' and so on.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Agree....the only open question for me is if it will make it to the US or just be sold in Japan.

If either "FX" gets a trademarked name than I will get excited about it's possible introduction.
Well, I hope that Toyota will stick with the same global strategy as they had for FJ Cruiser. This type of car is popular almost everywhere, the only thing that matters is the competition in each market.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts