Toyota TJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
With how close its naming scheme is to the FT-4x, I'm pretty sure the FT-AC is an SUV too, but a more off road ready one. This will be the one if Toyota decides to produce it. The TJ Cruiser is great, but it's no FJ replacement and this new concept could be what fans are looking for.
"FT" doesn't mean much at all, actually all it means is "Future Toyota" which when compared to what FJ and TJ is designated for, is a long shot. Don't take Toyota names too seriously when trying to build correlations between concepts and production versions.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Well, TJ Cruiser is still on the concept stage so Toyota might change the name for it too. However, I'm 90% sure that if TJ will make it to production, Toyota will stick with the same name for this model.
I am of the belief that we will see 2 models of the TJ, a van and a CUV. However as it stands i will be very disappointed if they just stick to a van, unless that van turns out being just as cool as the FT-4X. IMO I speak for most folks here and on other communities when with that suggestion.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Well, TJ Cruiser is still on the concept stage so Toyota might change the name for it too. However, I'm 90% sure that if TJ will make it to production, Toyota will stick with the same name for this model.
They almost have no choice because its a good spin off of whats already successful (the FJ Cruiser) and it would just be weird to have something with FJ DNA thats smaller but is called something entirely different. The only alternative is to call them all FJ's but give number designations at the the end like 'FJ20' 'FJ30' 'FJ40' and so on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.