Toyota TJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota may have stopped selling them in North America a few years ago, but sales continued in Japan until now. Before they kill of the FJ Cruiser for good, Toyota will a "Final Edition" FJ Cruiser for the Japan market only. I'm probably salty, but that's not fair and I want one too.

The FJ Final Edition will feature a unique beige paint, beige interior, 20-inch wheels, bumper-mounted lights, black door handles, a 4.0-liter V6 engine, and a five-speed automatic transmission.
Toyota Finally Says Goodbye to The FJ Cruiser

·
Registered
140 Posts
Well that's not fair...Was it from a lack of sales in NA and that's why Toyota ended sales here but not in Japan?

·
Registered
347 Posts
I can bet it was due to poor sales because the FJ cruiser has been on the market for a while now and when that is the case sales taper off. People who really like these end up buying them used because certain year models are better than others, or they want to do a build or one of many things.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is it, the last FJ Cruisers to roll of the assembly line. Sad to see it go and there has been other FJ specials over the years, including a TRD performance version and more off-road capable variants.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I wouldn't be sad just yet because for all we know the new TJ and new Land Cruiser could bring some impressive off-road products to Toyota's line up, even more so that right now the current CEO is the most focused on getting back to what Toyota always did best on.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hopefully Toyota decides to go through with the TJ Cruiser, we still have no word on that. And land cruisers are just too large for my needs.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hopefully Toyota decides to go through with the TJ Cruiser, we still have no word on that. And land cruisers are just too large for my needs.
I just hope both of them share enough DNA because Land Cruisers often get a lot of high end off-road tech, getting what's the result of scaling back on that will serve the TJ well. Tokyo Motor Show is next month so that will be the moment of true.

Connecting LC and TJ DNA will serve them well in sales.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Not sure, but it is the best selling off-roader in 10 countries and if the TJ sits on the same platform, it too will have some amazing real-world off-roading capabilities and be pretty bulletproof.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Land Cruiser seems too big to be sharing a platform with anything else but if its a true next generation model then maybe we might be seeing something that relates to the TJ. I will be waiting for that information to drop.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe Toyota can shorten the Land Cruiser Prado platform to fit the TJ Cruiser. Heard it uses a Torsen limited slip differential and the Lexus GX is based on it.
If Toyota plans to release a new Cruiser, Japan is probably going to be the first ones to hear about it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Makes sense as that is their home turf and the market does get a lot more options than us. As far as I know, Toyota is going in the sporty direction in Japan with Gazoo racing, so we might not see something more rugged from them in a long while.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Toyota is at a point where they aren't all that foused on the Japan market but also on the world market which is just as important to them now. With the new CEO we should be seeing more of a global approach regardless what the model is.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Toyota may not be Japan focused anymore, but its home country will still be getting models no released to the rest of the world or have a model's production cycle extended like the FJ. But we with the extensive Gazoo lineup that was recently revealed, we may have a long wait ahead of us for something that's not asphalt focused.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Too bad it'll cost an arm and a leg to have a car shipped over from Japan, or I'd be interested in working with a dealership there to get my hands on a FJ cruiser.

·
Registered
347 Posts
If you can find a car for a good price then it sort of makes up for the shipping cost, then there's the chance you might already find close enough to you if you look or in the same country as you. You should also check with shipping companies since they might have cheaper rates than someone like us an get.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
With the FJ's production ending, has anyone thought of alternative models in case the TJ doesn't go into production? I may look into the 2018 Land Cruiser Prado since it' shares the same underpinnings with the FJ.

·
Registered
347 Posts
With the FJ's production ending, has anyone thought of alternative models in case the TJ doesn't go into production? I may look into the 2018 Land Cruiser Prado since it' shares the same underpinnings with the FJ.
I would like to have that but unfortunately don't live in a market where its sold, instead what I might get is a used Toyota FJ40. Prices of them held strong so far and the TJ release could help drop prices a bit more.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's only if the TJ cruiser is released, then it would be a good time to pick up a used FJ if you're so inclined. But so far we haven't heard much from Toyota so alternatives are being looked into for me.
Currently what I'm seeing listed for 2007 FJ cruiser is around 15k and that's just overpriced IMO. Even worse for a 2014 model.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts