Toyota TJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do you two work for Toyota? :wink: Face it, Toyota is a boring automaker. They had a great chance to enter a market that has tons of opportunity (The Wrangler is one of the most wanted vehicles year after year with cult-like owners.) and, it appears, that they are going to play it safe, yet again, and leave that market for Jeep, Ford (with the Bronco), and possibly Mahindra.

(btw, I've owned three Wranglers and not one of them had the poor reliability that you describe.)

Maybe Toyotas are just meant for the Malls and the slow lane. :plain:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I mean its a generalization to say that all Wranglers have poor reliability, the same way it is to say that all Toyota's are boring.
Ding, Ding, Ding! :smile_big:

bicepeak said:
Then the choice is simple for you. There are lots of shiny new Wranglers waiting for you at your local dealer. Why are looking at Toyota at all?
Have you ever seen an old 2 door Rav? My first (vehicle) love! I traded in a Wrangler to get one and it seriously handled on the road like my current Wrangler JK. If they still made them, I'd never have owned another vehicle. They competed with the Suzuki Samarai, Geo Tracker and the Jeep. I've seen a recent Jimny rendering that kinda' sorta' looked like one.

Also, I believe Toyota is the most reliable automaker in the world! That doesn't mean, though, that Jeep doesn't make a good vehicle. They do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.