Toyota TJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
348 Posts
This might be a good thing, the perfect excuse we need to get something in a much more durable segment. Already I have been happy with FJ Cruiser pricing ever since it hit the market. I think most people would. They started out around $30,000 and odds are that these days pricing won't be far off from it.

· Registered
348 Posts
I've read so many horror stories of Renegades, but people still keep going for the badge and I don't understand why. Please Let the FT-AC go into production so that we may have something that's both reliable and fun to drive.

Was actually debating if I should go the Renegade route once, just once. A bit of research will turn you away from that car.
Well for one, Jeep got rid of one CUV and replace it with the Renegade, then theres the fact its the most off-road worthy CUV in its segment, there's simply nothing like it no matter how hard you look.

· Registered
348 Posts
The Evoque is 172" long. That is 8" shorter than the RAV4, 3" longer than the TJ. Since my only criteria for me replacing my RAV4 is wanting something shorter, the Evoque's size would work.
Correct.

What we should see and I hope we see is something far closer to the Jeep Renegade. After all its along the lines of what Toyota wants to bring to market and what better than the next best thing to this future Toyota? :wink:

· Registered
348 Posts
Now they just need to hurry up with showing us something closer to a production version of an FJ successor. So far it has been too much hype and not enough definite things. Maybe the upcoming Detriot Show will have something?

· Registered
348 Posts
So that would have to start at $24000+ MSRP for a 2018 RAV4. The current Adventure series RAV4 is $27700, so I would expect to pay at least that.

I am more excited by the $20,000 subcompact CUV (TJ Cruiser) the Toyota spokesman talked about. I hope to see it released in Japan soon so that it may also reach the US soon thereafter!
Same here and that's what i'm more after given the fact Jeep did something similar with great success, at this point its just a matter of Toyota coming out with its rival. At this point its all but confirmed to happen. I will be surprised if Toyota doesn't take part in the segment.

· Registered
348 Posts
They would be crazy not to. Jeep Renegade is the top seller in that segment and I believe Toyota could take a huge chunk of those sales.
Exactly, what they need, the numbers... are staring them down. Best of all this segment from what I seen is in its infancy. Best play will be a toned down version of the TJ concept as seen in the header of this forum. If they can do that... this will be a hit!

· Registered
348 Posts
One would think Toyota would have learned from the likes of the Element and Aztek to chill out with the crazy body styles. I mean I understand that as its a utility vehicle, most owners would be more concerned with what it can do, than how it looks. Found a link with clear pictures of the rumoured FT-AC concept.
The Toyota FT-AC is your baby 4Runner
while you do have a point the difference here is that Toyota understand timing in a market and they already have a proven foundation for launching a model regardless of what it is. Even if design as attractive as it should be they at least have specs that meet the needs of most potential buyers.

· Registered
348 Posts
I mean folding seats in a utility vehicle should be common sense. They should stop focusing on gimmicks like removable/multipurpose components and design a car that offers features not found in the Wrangler. It's obviously going to be an uphill battle to go against the likes of Jeep, but they don't necessarily need to match performance, they need to offer better design.
You have to look at it from the perspective of the fact they want to make this a lifestyle product and with that comes the conveniences seen in the concept. Featuring fold down seat isn't going to surprise anyone in a concept.

· Registered
348 Posts
One thing for sure is the closer they get to the mid $20k mark the stronger of a product they will have to make it. One prime example are the Renegade trims and just about most entry-level vehicles that get in that price range.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.