Toyota TJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've read so many horror stories of Renegades, but people still keep going for the badge and I don't understand why. Please Let the FT-AC go into production so that we may have something that's both reliable and fun to drive.

Was actually debating if I should go the Renegade route once, just once. A bit of research will turn you away from that car.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I've read so many horror stories of Renegades, but people still keep going for the badge and I don't understand why. Please Let the FT-AC go into production so that we may have something that's both reliable and fun to drive.

Was actually debating if I should go the Renegade route once, just once. A bit of research will turn you away from that car.
Well for one, Jeep got rid of one CUV and replace it with the Renegade, then theres the fact its the most off-road worthy CUV in its segment, there's simply nothing like it no matter how hard you look.

·
Super Moderator
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well for one, Jeep got rid of one CUV and replace it with the Renegade, then theres the fact its the most off-road worthy CUV in its segment, there's simply nothing like it no matter how hard you look.
True. It's amazing how many directions companies went in this class. To me, too many of them went with the "coupe" look. FT-4X is the closest thing to the Renegade, so I hope something like it from Toyota gets a real name and gets produced.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Funny thing, if you look up FT-AC the main results you get is for the French light tank. Fitting considering the vehicle model, a light off-road vehicle that's expected to be built pretty sturdy and reliable.

·
Super Moderator
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Funny thing, if you look up FT-AC the main results you get is for the French light tank. Fitting considering the vehicle model, a light off-road vehicle that's expected to be built pretty sturdy and reliable.
I noticed that too. :) You have to put "Toyota" in front of it to get to the car.

·
Registered
309 Posts
At most we'll probably see an optional green paint if the ft-ac every goes into production. Maybe even a set of very knobby off-road tires as an option.

·
Super Moderator
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
At most we'll probably see an optional green paint if the ft-ac every goes into production. Maybe even a set of very knobby off-road tires as an option.
So are you thinking it will be a CUV rather than a dedicated off-roader?

Can't wait until the 30th to get a better idea what it will be!

·
Super Moderator
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I have been closely watching the photos on Twitter about the LA show to perhaps get a glimpse of the FT-AC in the background of another car. No luck so far. :)

·
Super Moderator
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
What if the new FT-AC will be in the same segment with Range Rover Evoque, size wise? I don't know why, but I have a feeling that FT-AC will have similar proportions to Evoque.
The Evoque is 172" long. That is 8" shorter than the RAV4, 3" longer than the TJ. Since my only criteria for me replacing my RAV4 is wanting something shorter, the Evoque's size would work.

·
Registered
348 Posts
The Evoque is 172" long. That is 8" shorter than the RAV4, 3" longer than the TJ. Since my only criteria for me replacing my RAV4 is wanting something shorter, the Evoque's size would work.
Correct.

What we should see and I hope we see is something far closer to the Jeep Renegade. After all its along the lines of what Toyota wants to bring to market and what better than the next best thing to this future Toyota? :wink:

·
Super Moderator
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Correct.

What we should see and I hope we see is something far closer to the Jeep Renegade. After all its along the lines of what Toyota wants to bring to market and what better than the next best thing to this future Toyota? :wink:
I am with you there. The base Jeep Renegade is a basic crossover, but if you want a true off-roader you can opt up to a Trailhawk version. Toyota could adopt this sales model and save the expense of recreating an expensive FJ successor. Although FJ fans will be disappointed, it makes a lot more economic sense for Toyota.

The FT-4X concept was closest to the Renegade in size and scope. Wouldn't that be a kick if Toyota circled back to something like that!

I am anxiously hoping what we see tomorrow is close to that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
What if the new FT-AC will be in the same segment with Range Rover Evoque, size wise? I don't know why, but I have a feeling that FT-AC will have similar proportions to Evoque.
So I guess Evoque was a spot on in terms sizes, right?

Did anyone find the sizes of the FT-AC yet? Just want to compare it with Evoque. Length 4,371 mm (172.1 in) Width 1,900 mm (74.8 in)

·
Super Moderator
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
So I guess Evoque was a spot on in terms sizes, right?

Did anyone find the sizes of the FT-AC yet? Just want to compare it with Evoque. Length 4,371 mm (172.1 in) Width 1,900 mm (74.8 in)
No sizes have been released on the FT-AC, according to various coverage of the LA release. I would be very interested in that too!

Side note.....a rep from Toyota said they will be putting in an interior in the concept later.

·
Super Moderator
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
No sizes have been released on the FT-AC, according to various coverage of the LA release. I would be very interested in that too!

Side note.....a rep from Toyota said they will be putting in an interior in the concept later.
One reviewer said: "It’s a tweener, size-wise, bigger than a RAV4, but not quite a mid-size vehicle."

·
Registered
348 Posts
Now they just need to hurry up with showing us something closer to a production version of an FJ successor. So far it has been too much hype and not enough definite things. Maybe the upcoming Detriot Show will have something?

21 - 40 of 88 Posts