Toyota TJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Super Moderator
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Now they just need to hurry up with showing us something closer to a production version of an FJ successor. So far it has been too much hype and not enough definite things. Maybe the upcoming Detriot Show will have something?
Hmmm..... Detroit. Personally I would like to see the TJ Cruiser show up there.:)

But I don't really expect to see it there because I believe, for now, it is just destined for the Japanese market first.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It would be nice to see more details of FT-AC at the Detroit Autoshow. There is still mystery around those invisible door handles and interior design, which I really want to see.

·
Super Moderator
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
It would be nice to see more details of FT-AC at the Detroit Autoshow. There is still mystery around those invisible door handles and interior design, which I really want to see.
It was mentioned in one review video I saw that the doors would operate with a cell phone.

·
Registered
140 Posts
With my track record for breaking phones, I'll be locked out of my car at least once a year... Though the handled would be similar to what Tesla has, where it shrinks into the body until you press unlock on the fob.

·
Super Moderator
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
With my track record for breaking phones, I'll be locked out of my car at least once a year... Though the handled would be similar to what Tesla has, where it shrinks into the body until you press unlock on the fob.
That Tesla handle sounds interesting. Wouldn't that be little expensive for a $20,000 car?

·
Registered
36 Posts
That Tesla handle sounds interesting. Wouldn't that be little expensive for a $20,000 car?
Good point! I think that Tesla's handles are not only expensive but also not appropriate for this car segment. In my opinion, they're more suitable for luxurious cars and not for $20,000 "adventure" vehicles :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Good point! I think that Tesla's handles are not only expensive but also not appropriate for this car segment. In my opinion, they're more suitable for luxurious cars and not for $20,000 "adventure" vehicles :D
Agree, I'd like to see a classic door handles rather than Tesla's automatic version. In my opinion, they should have used FJ's handles, they look just right for this type of car.

·
Super Moderator
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I should correct myself. The FT-AC is not the "20,000" vehicle mentioned by Toyota. The FT-AC is as big or bigger that the RAV-4 and will have to be sold at a higher price. (Likely a high level Adventure RAV4 actually). Therefore, that $20,000 has to be about a sub-compact, something like the TJ Cruiser. That is what I want and that is why I was so excited when the $20,000 priced was mentioned.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Even a used FJ-Cruiser can hit the $20k mark these days, so a FT-AC that costs more than a Rav4 is still fine with me, if Toyota decides to make it a full size instead of a compact like the concept model.

·
Super Moderator
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Even a used FJ-Cruiser can hit the $20k mark these days, so a FT-AC that costs more than a Rav4 is still fine with me, if Toyota decides to make it a full size instead of a compact like the concept model.
So that would have to start at $24000+ MSRP for a 2018 RAV4. The current Adventure series RAV4 is $27700, so I would expect to pay at least that.

I am more excited by the $20,000 subcompact CUV (TJ Cruiser) the Toyota spokesman talked about. I hope to see it released in Japan soon so that it may also reach the US soon thereafter!

·
Registered
347 Posts
So that would have to start at $24000+ MSRP for a 2018 RAV4. The current Adventure series RAV4 is $27700, so I would expect to pay at least that.

I am more excited by the $20,000 subcompact CUV (TJ Cruiser) the Toyota spokesman talked about. I hope to see it released in Japan soon so that it may also reach the US soon thereafter!
Same here and that's what i'm more after given the fact Jeep did something similar with great success, at this point its just a matter of Toyota coming out with its rival. At this point its all but confirmed to happen. I will be surprised if Toyota doesn't take part in the segment.

·
Registered
347 Posts
They would be crazy not to. Jeep Renegade is the top seller in that segment and I believe Toyota could take a huge chunk of those sales.
Exactly, what they need, the numbers... are staring them down. Best of all this segment from what I seen is in its infancy. Best play will be a toned down version of the TJ concept as seen in the header of this forum. If they can do that... this will be a hit!

·
Super Moderator
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Exactly, what they need, the numbers... are staring them down. Best of all this segment from what I seen is in its infancy. Best play will be a toned down version of the TJ concept as seen in the header of this forum. If they can do that... this will be a hit!
I have never understood why the the FT-4X is pictured in the header when another concept actually has the name TJ Cruiser. But I would also be happy if the FT-4X was produced because I like both it and the real TJ Cruiser.

·
Registered
127 Posts
One would think Toyota would have learned from the likes of the Element and Aztek to chill out with the crazy body styles. I mean I understand that as its a utility vehicle, most owners would be more concerned with what it can do, than how it looks. Found a link with clear pictures of the rumoured FT-AC concept.

The Toyota FT-AC is your baby 4Runner

·
Registered
10 Posts
Toyota’s U.S. Sales Chief Talks... Adventure Concepts

https://www.trucks.com/2018/01/19/toyota-sales-chief-talks-tacoma-tundra/

The FT-4X was outstanding in New York. The feedback was way above our expectations. It makes you start to think like we did with FJ Cruiser. It was so popular we had to make the car. FT-4X is in that similar boat where it's like, “Wow, it's so good. Maybe that concept is the hit itself.” Then we came up with FT-AC and people said, “Wow, that may even be stronger than FT4X.”
Would like to see Toyota announce a new SUV production at the Chicago show. But I'm not holding my breath. 2019 Rav4 TNGA reveal at Chicago is possible but they may keep it under wraps a while longer with Rav4 sales still peaking.

I'd like to see a 2019 FT-4X but I may pull the trigger on a 2018 Subaru Crosstrek as Toyota is not ready.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts