Toyota TJ Cruiser Forum banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
I think we will see a lot of changes from this concept if Toyota wants to hit the $20k price bracket. I think for whatever reason Toyota decided to fill the FT-4X with a whole bunch of new design innovations, that were unlikely to all be included on a single model in the first place.

·
Registered
347 Posts
One thing for sure is the closer they get to the mid $20k mark the stronger of a product they will have to make it. One prime example are the Renegade trims and just about most entry-level vehicles that get in that price range.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The 2017 Renegade starts at $17,995 and that's pretty good for what you get. But once again, reliability is always going to be an issue with Jeeps. Would rather pay more for a Toyota than a Jeep.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The 2017 Renegade starts at $17,995 and that's pretty good for what you get. But once again, reliability is always going to be an issue with Jeeps. Would rather pay more for a Toyota than a Jeep.
I have a good feeling that most consumers will look at the new FJ with the same sort of scrutiny, realizing it has a greater base value as a Toyota product. Its become pretty obvious that Toyota has acknowledged the need for more performance trim variants, with what we're seeing with these new "Adventure" trims, TRD and the GRMN.

·
Super Moderator
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I have a good feeling that most consumers will look at the new FJ with the same sort of scrutiny, realizing it has a greater base value as a Toyota product. Its become pretty obvious that Toyota has acknowledged the need for more performance trim variants, with what we're seeing with these new "Adventure" trims, TRD and the GRMN.
Hi Pathmaker...it might be helpful to not refer to it as the new "FJ". This isn't that as any FJ fan will tell you. :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Lol I meant TJ. I wish Toyota didn't use all these two letter words and acronyms for these concepts, its so easy to confuse them. And hey for well we know I could be right anyways. Only a couple of days until the Chicago show, though it could come and go and we'll still be in the dark with the FT-4X

·
Super Moderator
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Lol I meant TJ. I wish Toyota didn't use all these two letter words and acronyms for these concepts, its so easy to confuse them. And hey for well we know I could be right anyways. Only a couple of days until the Chicago show, though it could come and go and we'll still be in the dark with the FT-4X
I believe we will still be in the dark after this show. Toyota is touting it's TRD Pro at this time.

·
Registered
127 Posts
What they are offering with the TRD variants is impressive nonetheless. I guess maybe at the least we'll get a sense of whether or not Toyota has further interest in the off road segment. Doubt we'll see any TRD trims for the new Rav4 or the TJ but I'm sure they can incorporate some of the new technology/performance features found within them.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts