Toyota TJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not much happening on the Geneva Show site yet. I am hoping the TJ Cruiser will show up there which will give me hope that it will be at least sold in Japan and Europe. Then after that it can hopefully come to the US too.

If the FT-4X is what we get, I hope it gets the TJ's front seat fold down to carry long loads.

https://www.gims.swiss/en/

· Premium Member
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought I remember reading that Toyota was supposed to "go big" at the next auto show? So by go big they meant show off some TRD variants of models that already exist? And newer pickups like the Ford Ranger/Raptor have some pretty incredibly off road technology, that controls everything aside from steering, allowing the driver to focus on navigation/orientation.
Wish I knew where you read that. I would love to read it too.

· Premium Member
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually , what I would be looking for is some spy shots of one of the concepts being road tested. That would probably come before any announcement of production. I would really get excited then!

· Premium Member
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We already got a vague look at the new Rav4 which doesn't help too much. However if you use your imagination, some of the FT concepts design can be seen in the new R4:

Actually if you study it closely , it is pretty much EXACTLY like the FT-AC. The big fender flares are gone and they left off the cross bar on the grill (you can see where it fits in and can be put back). Study it side by side with the concept and all the bumps and grooves of the tester are the FT-AC's lines pushing against the back covering. Also , the roof rack is gone.

· Premium Member
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'd love to see some of their concepts out in the elements. There is only so much to be gained by viewing a new car, parked and in the spotlight. I think its more than likely that we will see such photos of the new Rav4 before the TJ, but who knows. And I found the articles around Toyota "going big" and it was in reference to the Chicago Auto show.
We basically already saw the RAV4 when we saw the FT-AC. Not much mystery left there. The excitement will build for me if the FT Cruiser and the FT-4X are spotted camouflaged and on the road! That may happen even before the FT-4X gets it's production name.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.