Toyota TJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Lexus seems to be one of the few companies that actually brings productions vehicles to market, that keep some of the original design cues from their concepts. Great to see that the UX is still unique looking, although the hybrid powertrain is a little concerning. Not sure that >200hp will properly power that vehicle.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Lexus seems to be one of the few companies that actually brings productions vehicles to market, that keep some of the original design cues from their concepts. Great to see that the UX is still unique looking, although the hybrid powertrain is a little concerning. Not sure that >200hp will properly power that vehicle.
Toyota has been on an impressive roll as well. The CH-R, new Camry and new Avalon are a few of them. The Avalon impressed me most...from the rear. Its products like this that aren't too far off from the "TJ" (except Avalon) that give me hope Toyota will deliver, they haven't been known to deviate much.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yeah I really like the new Avalon as well, Toyota has really stepped up their sedan game. I thought I remember reading that the new Avalon had sequential lights? I cant seem to find any photos/videos of how they work. The CH-R is rumored to be getting a TRD variant in Japan. Hope we see that badge on more vehicles across their line up.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yeah I really like the new Avalon as well, Toyota has really stepped up their sedan game. I thought I remember reading that the new Avalon had sequential lights? I cant seem to find any photos/videos of how they work. The CH-R is rumored to be getting a TRD variant in Japan. Hope we see that badge on more vehicles across their line up.
Thankfully they are bringing back the whole light bar design feature that we got years ago with a number of car makers.
Now the Lexus UX and Avalon have it which has me wondering how well a similar idea can work on a Jeep Renegade rival ;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yeah the Eclipse Cross has one too, though it seems its not to everyone's liking. I personally really like how it looks at night, and if done correctly it shouldn't be too pronounced during the daytime. These are the sequential lights that I was talking about. I'd like to see more vehicles feature them.

·
Super Moderator
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Lots of news from Geveva......but nothing about a CUV/SUV. :(

Really disappointed that the TJ Cruiser has disappeared from shows since Tokyo. :(

·
Registered
309 Posts
Not even a mention from Toyota at all...It was all about the Supra and yes it's the return of a model that hasn't seen production in a while, but it's not really going to be their bread and butter like the TJ Cruiser could be.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts