Toyota TJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hmmmm....the 2019 INFINITI QX50 has been unveiled early instead of at the LA show. Maybe Toyota will do the same. :)
I really want to see it before the LA Show, but I don't think that Toyota will do it, especially with only 5 days left before the event. Did Infiniti present photos of the new QX50 in the internet or they unveil it at one of the car shows in person?

·
Super Moderator
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I really want to see it before the LA Show, but I don't think that Toyota will do it, especially with only 5 days left before the event. Did Infiniti present photos of the new QX50 in the internet or they unveil it at one of the car shows in person?
Infiniti was supposed to save everything for the reveal at the show, but decided to release one full photo on the internet ahead of time. They will still be doing a full unveiling at the show.

So what I was hoping for was an earlier , clear photo of the FT-AC before its' official unveiling at the show.

Here is the Infiniti article....

2019 Infiniti QX50 Unveiled, Promises to be a World-Beater [News] - The Fast Lane Car

·
Registered
347 Posts
That leak is almost a normal thing that takes place in the industry these days, if anything it does them a lot of good as it drums up hype. See it as the trailer to a movie before the actual thing comes out.

·
Super Moderator
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
That leak is almost a normal thing that takes place in the industry these days, if anything it does them a lot of good as it drums up hype. See it as the trailer to a movie before the actual thing comes out.
If by leak, you mean something not authorized by the car company, I don't think it was that. I think it was, as you say, something to build buzz.

I will tell you guys a funny story about being part of breaking a press embargo on an new model. :) Actually, someone in the press was responsible for blabbing the pricing and I just reported what he said in a group such as this. My screen name subsequently appeared in many press articles as a source for this info. I was famous for a while. LOL.

In cases like this , a reporter can be punished for breaking an embargo and banned from any manufacturer press function. The culprit quickly removed his tweet about it. I don't know if he was punished or not.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Infiniti was supposed to save everything for the reveal at the show, but decided to release one full photo on the internet ahead of time. They will still be doing a full unveiling at the show.

So what I was hoping for was an earlier , clear photo of the FT-AC before its' official unveiling at the show.

Here is the Infiniti article....

2019 Infiniti QX50 Unveiled, Promises to be a World-Beater [News] - The Fast Lane Car
I don't remember seeing something like this before lol. Of course, there is always a lot of leaked and spied photos of a car before its unveiling, but I've never seen official photos from car makers ahead of time. Guess that happens once in a while. Anyways, three days left:wink:

·
Registered
347 Posts
If by leak, you mean something not authorized by the car company, I don't think it was that. I think it was, as you say, something to build buzz.

I will tell you guys a funny story about being part of breaking a press embargo on an new model. :) Actually, someone in the press was responsible for blabbing the pricing and I just reported what he said in a group such as this. My screen name subsequently appeared in many press articles as a source for this info. I was famous for a while. LOL.

In cases like this , a reporter can be punished for breaking an embargo and banned from any manufacturer press function. The culprit quickly removed his tweet about it. I don't know if he was punished or not.
What an honor to have a celebrity on the forum :D

On a serious note, odds are they couldn't pin point it to an individual person but just let it be known to a group of brand reps. With all the people involved to bring a product to market, information easily finds itself in many hands.

·
Super Moderator
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
What an honor to have a celebrity on the forum :D

On a serious note, odds are they couldn't pin point it to an individual person but just let it be known to a group of brand reps. With all the people involved to bring a product to market, information easily finds itself in many hands.
Yes, in the case I mentioned, all the automotive press was invited to weekend symposium on a new model. A lot of information was given to them at various meetings, including pricing. They were told that had to wait one month to release it to the public. One idiot promptly posted the pricing .....and the rest is history.

Guess I got off topic. Just meant to say Infiniti did not have a leak. They put that picture out themselves.

·
Super Moderator
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
Heck, as long as we are impatiently waiting for Thursday and the reveal to come, let's go off topic.

Here is the thread about my "leak" :).....
Pricing is here! - Scion iM Forum (Starts at post 15)

Here is an excerpt from an article and a link to the whole article. Earlier articles had me as the source.

"Pricing for the iM was revealed by Scion iM Forum member bicepeak, who later explained the information came from a since-deleted tweet by Autoweek‘s Mark Vaughn; Vaughn was attending a Scion School event involving the hatchback and iA sedan. A following photo from iMTaylor — possibly from Vaughn’s Twitter account, as well — noted pricing was to be embargoed until one minute past midnight Eastern June 29, along with driving impressions."

Autoleaks: Scion iM Pricing Revealed Ahead Of Embargo's End - The Truth About Cars

·
Super Moderator
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
So who's going to be watching the reveal at 9 am LA time, Thursday? I have an appointment so probably will miss it. But I will be watching replays as soon as I can!

·
Registered
36 Posts
So who's going to be watching the reveal at 9 am LA time, Thursday? I have an appointment so probably will miss it. But I will be watching replays as soon as I can!
Didn't know that they will have online stream from LA show! Can you share the link to that stream, please? I'll definitely watch it.

Thanks in advance. :wink:

·
Super Moderator
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Didn't know that they will have online stream from LA show! Can you share the link to that stream, please? I'll definitely watch it.

Thanks in advance. :wink:
You can find the link on LA auto show Twitter. I am not at home right now or I would look it up for you.

·
Super Moderator
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Tell me about it, noticed for myself that eventually you see so much that seeing it in person makes almost no difference. The only real difference will be once a demo's we can test drive start showing up at dealerships.
Yep....and add to that there is no interior to the FT-AC and even if there was one, they don't generally let the public sit in concepts. Only the press gets that privilege at this stage.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts