Toyota TJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
After you're done with the I-Pace, it'd be an off-road friendly electric vehicle. Bigger tires, more lift!
We're more likely to see a hybrid than a full electric if the TJ Cruiser ever comes out. Not a bad idea actually since Toyota seems big on hybrids.
I'm thinking this will just go hybrid as its only green option. If Toyota is like all the other car makers then creating a model that starts life as a fully electric model, then that discounts the TJ. They already proved that with the mirai

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The problem with the Mirai was how scarce hydrogen fueling stations were, even worse than electric. But a pure EV halo would be better than trying to come out with an all electric TJ. I'd be very happy with a hybrid actually, no need to worry about running out of charge and getting stranded thanks to the fuel engine.

·
Registered
153 Posts
You'd only get stranded with very poor planning in an EV. Part of owning an EV is planning ahead at all times to ensure that you always have enough to get back home and not require a flat bed. With the amount of charging stations located everywhere and growing, it'll be hard to get stranded somewhere

·
Registered
347 Posts
The problem with the Mirai was how scarce hydrogen fueling stations were, even worse than electric. But a pure EV halo would be better than trying to come out with an all electric TJ. I'd be very happy with a hybrid actually, no need to worry about running out of charge and getting stranded thanks to the fuel engine.
what I will say about that is they should come out with a plug-in hybrid TJ before some fully electric SUV/CUV, its what most car makers do as to test the waters and gives us a green product much sooner.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've been recently feeling like I missed my chance to purchase a new FJ as well. Been more aware recently and noticed a large amount of FJ cruisers roaming around. Makes me envious of what they have and just how noticeable they are when stuck on traffic with other bland vehicles.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've been recently feeling like I missed my chance to purchase a new FJ as well. Been more aware recently and noticed a large amount of FJ cruisers roaming around. Makes me envious of what they have and just how noticeable they are when stuck on traffic with other bland vehicles.

Plenty of lower mileage FJ's around and on the market. Try not to let not being able to get a new one scare you away, my first one was a 2011 and I bought it in 2015 with 15K miles on it. It was basically brand new and was a great one to cut my teeth on. One thing to note, if you do go down that road stick with looking a clean ones still in stock form and build it the way you want it. Once you start modifying it the maintenance and the cost to maintain it will increase dramatically especially if you start using it for what it was intended. Those suckers were built for some serious off-road use and will virtually take you anywhere you want to go.

Ask lots of questions, find one you like and pull the trigger.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Just a matter of looking for them and with the new Jeep Wrangler coming out there should be more of them popping up along with a reduction in price. This will be an iconic model that will be worth getting regardless of when you buy in, so if you really want it, you can't go wrong.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts