Toyota TJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
The FJ definitely looks like it was designed to be a convertible, and its a shame that this is a one off model. Wouldn't drop that kind of money on a 10 year old car, but I'm sure it'll get some interest from collectors.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wish there were more convertible off road options on the market, aside from FCA's Wrangler. I think the only new convertible CUV that I've seen as of late is Volkswagens new T-Roc. But unfortunately that wont be coming to North America.

·
Registered
309 Posts
To each their own, but I don't like how the soft top takes away from the FJ Cruiser's original chunky roof-line. It's more slanted in the back and just doesn't have the same appeal. $24999 is not bad for all the work that was put in, but not really my cup of tea.

·
Registered
127 Posts
This is one reason why I'm a little happy that Toyota is waiting to pull the trigger on the TJ. We never saw any indication of a convertible option and imo, they really need to consider that if they want to properly compete with the Wrangler.

·
Super Moderator
461 Posts
This is one reason why I'm a little happy that Toyota is waiting to pull the trigger on the TJ. We never saw any indication of a convertible option and imo, they really need to consider that if they want to properly compete with the Wrangler.
That would leave me out in the cold then. I have zero interest in a "bush beater" type of vehicle. I want what the vehicle that ACTUALLY got the NAME "TJ Cruiser" in Tokyo got. I want a good riding vehicle with high seating and tons of useful space inside. Now, if they do what they did with the new RAV4 and offered levels like the base RAV4 I have now, then that would work.

I still think Toyota will just stick with reasonably priced entry RAV4 to garner the sales a smaller companion would get. That has been a successful strategy for Toyota which may now bring sales over half a million vehicles. Witness the distinct levels of the new lineup....almost different vehicles by the features and even front end design.

Don't forget the vehicles like the Renegade, although a sales success, sell a small fraction of what RAV4 sales are.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seeing as how it has a two tone color scheme, I think it's a little doubtful that they would be considering it as a convertible. I think its more likely that they will be going the route of the C-HR and offering a wide array of color combinations.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Even the Adventure Rav4 shouldn't be too expensive for the average buyer, leaving you with a pretty good chunk to play with on the accessories and packages. But you won't see all that many interior options when it comes to upholstery, just the usual black and grey fabric.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts