Toyota TJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides TJ Cruiser, Tokyo Auto Show has presented a lot of other fancy concept cars. Here are some of the fanciest and my favorites :grin:
I know that probably none of them will ever come to production, however, I like to see what companies offer us each year.

Suzuki e-Survivor

Toyota Auto Body Wonder-Capsule concept

Honda S2000

What do you guys think about them? Which one do you want to see as a production model?

To read more about them check his Telegraph's article.

·
Super Moderator
461 Posts
I think the Mazda Vision Coupe tops the list for me, though the headlights could use a tweak.

That is pretty. Not the kind of vehicle I am looking for, however. I am just overjoyed that Toyota may build what I have been waiting for for a few years....the TJ ! Plenty of "sporty" cars to choose from out there, if that is what you want.:smile:

·
Registered
347 Posts
One thing i'm noticing a lot these days is how much car makers are going back to classic designs and not the futuristic designs everyone thought the industry would be putting out by now.
Out of all models shown here, the Suzuki draws my attention but I dislike the fact it looks like a rip off of the Wrangler, but its a good indication that more car makers want to offer an SUV.

·
Registered
35 Posts
One thing i'm noticing a lot these days is how much car makers are going back to classic designs and not the futuristic designs everyone thought the industry would be putting out by now.
Absolutely agree. It was really nice to see Volkswagen bringing back its iconic HippieMobile with a fully electric platform. These days it's almost impossible to find this kind of vehicles, so carmakers did a great job of converting them into the new era autos.

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
Absolutely agree. It was really nice to see Volkswagen bringing back its iconic HippieMobile with a fully electric platform. These days it's almost impossible to find this kind of vehicles, so carmakers did a great job of converting them into the new era autos.
Tell me about it but at the same time people don't care too much about those designs, the type of buyers that were around when the original version of that van was out are slowly leaving the new car buying scene and being over run by younger people with different buying habits.

·
Registered
35 Posts
That's the thing! Of course it's not targeted on current 70 years old hippies from 60's, but there are a lot of young hipsters who love to buy stuff from those times. Same thing with a vinyl jukeboxes, for example, hipsters love them! Even company like Sony Music understands this and has decided to start pressing vinyl records again.

·
Registered
347 Posts
That's the thing! Of course it's not targeted on current 70 years old hippies from 60's, but there are a lot of young hipsters who love to buy stuff from those times. Same thing with a vinyl jukeboxes, for example, hipsters love them! Even company like Sony Music understands this and has decided to start pressing vinyl records again.
Even then the market is small and not exactly the sort of thing VW should be doing. Right now they need all the volume products they can get, anything focused around a market that's too small can cost them hundreds of millions in the long run. Plus there's no way Audi could leverage it for a product of their own.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I know we'll never see something like this, but those HippieMobiles back in the day were perfect for road trips because of just how much you can fit back there after removing the rear seats.

·
Super Moderator
461 Posts
I know we'll never see something like this, but those HippieMobiles back in the day were perfect for road trips because of just how much you can fit back there after removing the rear seats.
Probably won't see it here, but small vans are very popular all over the world so this could do well in those markets.

It's possible , over time, to then send it here because the plants would be already cranking them out anyway.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I think if they can make it small enough and sit in a segment where is a sub $25k product to start then they might have some luck in doing that but right now VW needs to make more poor man versions of Audi's than anything else. That's what will make them money. It works for Toyota.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts