Toyota TJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota is currently in talks with the Japan Aerospace Agency for a new collaboration on space exploration. This six wheeled, pressurized lunar vehicle is said to have a cruising range of around 6,000 miles. They released a short video that showcases their vision for the project.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Just about any company with lots of money to throw around is getting involved in space exploration, even Amazon, a company that replaces walmart, sears, etc.
As for things we can actually own and drive, Toyota working in design to future SUV's that hint back to this rover would be cool.

·
Super Moderator
461 Posts
Just about any company with lots of money to throw around is getting involved in space exploration, even Amazon, a company that replaces walmart, sears, etc.
As for things we can actually own and drive, Toyota working in design to future SUV's that hint back to this rover would be cool.
Sidenote : Amazon is not replacing Walmart. In fact they are doing the same thing as Amazon now.

·
Registered
127 Posts
That's some pretty incredible range that I'm assuming is being done with fuel cell technology? Many still doubt its potential for the mass market, but people said the same thing about EV's a decade ago.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The range is a combination of fuel cell technology and massive solar panels that extend out the sides of the rover. Just to get a sense of the size of this thing, heres an astronaut beside it for scale. The proposal claims 19.6ft long, 17 feet wide and 12.4 feet tall.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Sidenote : Amazon is not replacing Walmart. In fact they are doing the same thing as Amazon now.
For a moment did but of course any time an industry gets shaken up, it can either prove a strong response or what was the existing leader... folding.
Wal-Mart has a lot of money so I think its a matter of investment in new business strategies. Health care just joined as another one.

·
Super Moderator
461 Posts
For a moment did but of course any time an industry gets shaken up, it can either prove a strong response or what was the existing leader... folding.
Wal-Mart has a lot of money so I think its a matter of investment in new business strategies. Health care just joined as another one.
Check out Wal-Mart.com and you see what I mean. They are dealing with online orders for many companies just as Amazon does. Wal-mart is smart in following trends. Amazon will not replace them or cause them to fold, despite all the money Amazon has.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts