Toyota TJ Cruiser Forum banner

Toyota FT-4X Missing Something?

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  RoughDay 
#1 ·
Very different from almost every concept we've seen recently, the Toyota TJ Cruiser or FT-4X seems to be missing something from the dashboard.

Something that seems to be getting increasingly larger is just non-evident in the FT-4X. What is it?

A large touchscreen of some sort.

The dashboard has no large infotainment touchscreen nor does it even really have a single-din stereo headunit.

Instead of that, looking lower down the dash by the center console, we see something that looks like a speaker and some audio controls to the right of it.

Along with that and upon further inspection, that speaker "grill" looks like it's twistable to make mode selections as well as it has some writing around the outer edges that I can't see at all, but I presume would put it into a different setting?

Do you think the TJ Cruiser needs one of those out of place iPad screens on the dash or would you be happier without?

This is the logic behind the lack of electronics as explained by Calty Studio's Chief Designer - Ian Cartabiano

“You can really tell that we had a blast designing the FT-4X because it looks fun to use and fun to drive. I love this idea of mechanical satisfaction because while we’re living in today’s digital world, we took something that’s based on physical movements and made that a large part of what this vehicle is. We want everyone to interact with this car and feel a sense of delight and excitement.”

https://www.psfk.com/2017/05/toyota-concept-casualcore-explorers.html

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.