Toyota TJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Unlike previous generations of Toyota SUV's that came with a standard spare, this time around it should be optional. Being a vehicle made for a lot of folks in the city, tire patch kits are suitable. You even see less vehicles come with spare tires as standard. A better question would be how many of you would opt for a spare?

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'd rather a spare than a patch kit any time. Yeah it's a little extra weight to lug around but if it's only a dummy, it's essentially only an extra like 15 pounds ?!

If you were to get a side wall intrusion of some sort, the patch kit isn't going to do anything helpful for you.
Not much weight at all, I agree, but for me its more of a space issue. Spares and the tools to go with them take up a good amount of space. Living an active lifestyle I can find so many more uses for that space, likewise with a lot of people I know living different lifestyles.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Being an entry-level product there's a smaller chance we'll get it powered, instead what will be better is to have a hatch that opens and stays opens with struts.

·
Registered
348 Posts
At this rate Toyota needs features like this to better appeal to younger crowds and in addition get more marketing power.
Plus they are sitting on a lot of money right now, this won't be much of a commitment to them in terms of dollars

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.