Toyota TJ Cruiser Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Wouldn't have noticed without you pointing that out. Those are most likely concept tires just for looks and production models should get the more generic ones like michelin.

Now I'm curious about the tires' performance, but we'll never know.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If they going to replace it for a production model, I won't be worried about it. Toyota has always had nice and reliable tires in their lineup, so nothing to be worried about in terms of tires choice.

·
Registered
348 Posts
If the TJ we might see is anything as utilitarian as the FT-4X concept then I will want either Dunlop Grandtrek's or something similar from a rival brand. They have proven to be good tires on the 4Runner and should prove to be just as good on the TJ.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Here it is at the Tokyo Auto Show and I gotta admit, it does look too chunky in the front compared to a lot of the other concepts also on display there. I do understand the whole rugged look, but it could be streamlined and aerodynamic as well.

·
Super Moderator
503 Posts
Here it is at the Tokyo Auto Show and I gotta admit, it does look too chunky in the front compared to a lot of the other concepts also on display there. I do understand the whole rugged look, but it could be streamlined and aerodynamic as well.
But if it lost it's rugged look and was streamlined, it would just be small mini-van. It is not meant to be a sedan or sports car either.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The shape isn't what irks me the most, it's that large uniform grille and huge plastic bumper under it. Perhaps break it up with a protective bar or something and it'll be perfect. Something like the FJ cruiser's black jutting bumper piece.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.