Toyota TJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
The TJ pays homage to a lineage of Toyota off-roaders that have been around for well over half a century so i think regardless of where they show it off, it will get attention.
Very true and from what I noticed aside from people that know the history of certain toyotas they gravitate to whats comfortable and what's cool which is Toyota. However this time around we're seeing a lot more cool coming from toyota thanks to the new CEO.

·
Registered
347 Posts
just don't forget about anomalies like Kia that magically comes out with the Soul and absolutely dominates the segment which seemingly other car makes take after to release a rival, its the sort of response I think lead us to the current TJ concept.....

thoughts?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think Kia was looking to release a more rugged car called the Trailster but it never happened. If they were interested, then that means there are people willing to buy it and Toyota can start the trend with the TJ. Kia may follow after and then other badges like Honda may do so as well.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I think Kia was looking to release a more rugged car called the Trailster but it never happened. If they were interested, then that means there are people willing to buy it and Toyota can start the trend with the TJ. Kia may follow after and then other badges like Honda may do so as well.
its going to be hard for Kia to do it, this is a job better left to brands that have a long history of off-roaders or something close enough to it.
however they can win by just making the best value packed vehicle in this segment, something which the Toyota can't be, but even with that there's still plenty upside to going Toyota.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts